This event is part of our community garden art project, funded in thanks to the National Lottery Players.
Big Community Family Event Day
Join us in celebrating the success of our Project so far with a fun packed day of family and community activities. You can enjoy:
- A fantastic time travelling performance inspired by The Stewart Family. ‘From waterlilies to desert sands’ A theatrical performance by Wolds Wonders at 12pm and 2.30pm
The Wolds Wonders members are all adults with learning disabilities and through a mix of original song, drama and dance, they will give you an entertaining and humorous glimpse of what life might have been like with the Stewarts, both at home and on their travels to exotic places.
- Family Crafts in the bandstand – Make your own waterlily to take home or donate to our Giant Waterlily artwork. Including a treasure hunt around the Garden!
- The grand unveiling of our Giant Waterlily created by local artist Martin Waters, using plastics recycled from your donated plastic bottles, unveiling 3pm.
- Take your own Rock Garden selfie and tours of the Edwardian Potting Shed.
- Community exhibition in the Learning Zone, available to drop-in and see from 11 – 4pm. Features a display on the Stewart’s travels by the Research volunteers, including the chance to see original objects. As well as Pocklington Camera Club canvases on the Project.
- Research Volunteer Geoff Sidwell will be giving a talk at 11am on the ancestors of Katharine Stewart, the Preisman’s. ‘Burnby Hall Gardens, built on coal and the Priestman family fortune.’ Talk will be 30-40 minutes in the Learning Zone.
Thank you to everyone who has donated their plastic bottles to our recycle art project. The artist Martin Waters now has all the bottles he needs and is now busy assembling the giant waterlily art installation which will be unveiled as part of our HLF Community Event on Wednesday 25th July 2018.