Terms and Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions directly relating to ticket sales do not apply to purchases or sales via any resale platform or ‘Fan-to-Fan’.
- In these Terms and Conditions “BHG” refers to Stewarts Burnby Hall Gardens and Museum Trust CIO. BHG may sell tickets as an agent on behalf of the organisers, promoters, artists, or producers of an event (referred to as a “Promoter”) or as an ‘in-house’ private event organiser.
- You may have to adhere to Government legislation or the Promoter/venue operator’s specific Terms of entry.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable Terms. A breach of this condition will entitle BHG or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation, or liability.
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fee per order, and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out in paragraphs 3, 4, 6, 16, and 35 below.
- If you order or buy more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, per card or per household, we may cancel all of the order or tickets, in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
- To prevent fraud and protect BHG and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud, we may cancel any order or tickets.
- You must inform BHG of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate, but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction, or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- On rare occasions the show or event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact a member of the Visitor Centre team.
Delivery and Collection
- Tickets may be despatched to you electronically or by post (including secure, registered, recorded and regular post) or made available for collection at the Visitor Centre.
- You will be notified by telephone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if it becomes necessary to deliver your tickets in an alternative way. Please note the Conditions for the Visitor Centre collection at paragraph 13 below.
- For tickets delivered by post, if you have provided an email address you may receive an email confirming despatch of your order. Tickets delivered electronically may be issued at any time from the date of purchase until the date of the event.
- We cannot usually specify the dates on which you will receive tickets. If you do not inform us of the non-receipt of tickets within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) we will have no liability to you.
- If tickets sent by post are returned to us marked “addressee gone away”, “addressee unknown” or similar words indicating that you do not reside at the address, your order may be cancelled and the ticket price and any supplementary charges (but not the booking fee or transaction fee) refunded, or your order may be made available for collection at the Visitor Centre.
- To collect tickets at the Visitor Centre the named ticket holder must be present. This may require proof of ID. You may use any legally recognised form of ID for this (Driving Licence, Passport etc.)
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected, and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction, or supplementary fees you have paid:
- BHG does not receive tickets from the Promoter and cannot arrange for duplicates to be collected at the box office; or
- the tickets have been sent to an address different to the one you specified, and you tell us within a reasonable period, as set out at paragraph 11 above, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
- your tickets are not despatched, and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the box office.
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
Cancellation, Change or Postponement of an Event
- Decisions to change or cancel events are the responsibility of the Promoter and / or BHG. BHG cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event or be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
- You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time, and venue.
- If a Promoter cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time or (concerts only) headline act and confirms this to BHG, BHG will try to inform you. This will usually be contacted by letter for phone bookings or email for online bookings. In urgent cases this may be by telephone.
- If an event is rescheduled, changed, or moved, the Promoter or BHG will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location though this may not always be the case. If an event is cancelled by the Promoter or BHG you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not refundable in these circumstances. All refunds must be claimed no later than 5 days before the rescheduled date. Refunds will not be issued within 5 days of the event or once the event has taken place.
- If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, in most cases you must return any tickets you have.
- Please follow the refund instructions otherwise you may not receive a refund. If these require you to return the tickets, do so promptly and within the timeframe communicated to you.
- Tickets should be returned (with a copy of the email or letter entitling you to a refund, or a covering note containing your order reference number and contact information) to the specified address by registered post (or an equivalent secure postal method). Please note that the return postage cost is non-refundable.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
- For more information about refunds, please contact our Visitor Centre team.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with all Terms and Conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue, or the event (see paragraph 26 below).
- Attending an Event – Health and Safety
- BHG organises various events and assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered at or in connection with the event, including the loss, damage, or theft of personal property.
- Admission to an event is subject to the Terms, Conditions, or rules outlined by the Promoter and BHG. Failure to comply with these Terms, Conditions, or rules may result in the refusal of admission or removal from the venue without entitlement to a refund.
- As an attendee, you are required to adhere to Health and Safety regulations and any security measures put in place (including security searches) to ensure the safety of all participants. BHG and the Promoter reserve the right to refuse admission or eject individuals under certain circumstances. These may include involvement in abusive, threatening, drunken, or other anti-social behaviour, possession of offensive weapons or illegal substances, or unauthorised audio, video, or photographic recordings. Additionally, rules regarding latecomers may restrict or prevent admission.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, please note the following:
- Structures: The use of personal structures such as gazebos or tents is not permitted within the event premises.
- Balls or Ball Games: The playing of ball games is prohibited during the event to prevent any accidents or disruptions.
- BBQs and Cooking Means: The use of BBQs or any cooking means, including open flames, is strictly prohibited on the event grounds.
- Please be aware that parking at the event may be limited. While BHG endeavours to provide sufficient parking spaces, we do not take responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur to vehicles parked on the premises or surrounding areas.
- BHG will highlight any significant, onerous, or unusual Terms, Conditions, or Rules relating to the event. These may include age restrictions, ticket types, and others. You can find full details of these Terms, Conditions, or Rules through the Promoter, BHG’s Visitor Centre, their website, or during the online booking process.
- Prior to finalising your booking, we strongly advise you to carefully read all relevant information pertaining to the event and / or tickets. If you or any member of your party has specific requirements, please notify us during the booking process, and we will do our best to address your query. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the fulfilment of requirements if notified at the event itself.
- Upon receiving your tickets, please review their details for accuracy. During the event, it is advisable to carry appropriate proof of age if necessary. While specific seats may be allocated at the time of booking, the Promoter or BHG reserves the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
- BHG reserves the right to change any of these Terms without notice any time in advance or during an event.
- By attending the event, you acknowledge and agree to comply with all applicable Terms, Conditions, and rules set forth by the Promoter and BHG.
- We may share your personal information with Promoters, venue operators, and others as necessary only for the purposes of the event. We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.