We are now open on a restricted basis in line with Government advice on social distancing and, for the safety of visitors and staff, daily visitor numbers are currently being limited.
Our opening times are 1000 x 1700 daily with last entry at 1630.
ENTRY IS BY PRE-BOOKING ONLY
How Do I Make A Booking?
Please note that we are now operating an on-line pre-booking system for visits to the Gardens.
There are three booking slots to choose from: 1000 x 1215; 1215 x 1430 and 1430 x 1700 and bookings can only be made for the current day (if places are available) or the following day.
Please read the information on the booking screen carefully, and remember to include all adults and children in your group when booking.
- When you go on to the booking home page, select “Visit” at the top. Scroll down to the boxes below and choose either “Today” or “Tomorrow”.
- In the box below this, choose the time slot you want.
- In the box below this, put in your e-mail address.
- Then, below this, please put the number of people you’re booking for (please include all adults in children) and then press “book”.
- You will then get a booking reference number beginning with BHG in yellow at the top of your screen. Please take this down.
- An e-mail will follow which you’ll need to show at our Visitor Centre but it’s best to keep the booking reference “just in case”.
PRE-BOOK FOR TODAY OR TOMORROW USING THIS LINK:
ON COMPLETING A BOOKING, YOU WILL BE ALLOCATED A REFERENCE NUMBER IN YELLOW AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN WHICH WILL BE E-MAILED TO YOU. YOU MUST BRING A PRINTED COPY OF THIS E-MAIL OR BE ABLE TO DISPLAY IT ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE GARDENS ON THE DAY YOU HAVE BOOKED. PAYMENT CAN THEN BE MADE IN THE VISITOR CENTRE ON ARRIVAL. UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE NO FACILITY TO PRE-PAY ON-LINE.
I know someone without a computer. How can they make a booking?
If you know someone who does not have access to a computer, our customer service desk can be contacted on 01759 307125 between 10am and 12pm daily in order for them to make a booking.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TELEPHONE BOOKING PERIOD IS ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS WHO DO NOT HAVE ON-LINE ACCESS AND, IN THE INTERESTS OF FAIRNESS, WE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE ON-LINE TO USE THE ON-LINE BOOKING FACILITY, SO THAT THOSE WHO AREN’T CAN USE THIS SPECIAL TELEPHONE FACILITY.
What facilities are open in the Gardens?
The following facilities are now open to the general public under our pre-booking system:
The Gardens are open, using a clockwise route around the Upper and Lower Lakes. All of our themed gardens (Secret Garden, Aviary Garden, Victorian Garden, Rock Garden, Stumpery and Birch Walk) remain accessible with routes marked with direction arrows.
The Lilypad Café is open with a full menu, waitress service, and tables available inside and outside.
Three unisex toilets are open with a “one in one out” queueing system in place near the bandstand. They are checked, sanitised and cleaned regularly.
What facilities remain closed?
For Covid-19 safety reasons, the Children’s Playground, Stewart Museum and Gift Shop remain closed, but these are kept under constant review and updates will be published as soon as we are able to safely re-open them.
Children’s Play Area:
For Covid-19 safety reasons, the Children’s Play Area remains closed for the time being. This is being regularly reviewed and it will be re-opened once it is considered safe to do so. The welfare of children potentially using the Play Area is our main concern and we thank parents and carers for their understanding.
RHS AND GARDENERS’ WORLD 2 FOR 1 ENTRIES TO BURNBY HALL GARDENS ONLY APPLY FROM 1ST APRIL TO 30TH JUNE AND HAVE NOW CONCLUDED FOR THE YEAR – PLEASE SEE THE RELEVANT HANDBOOKS FOR FULL DETAILS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ASSISTANCE DOGS ARE ALLOWED IN THE GARDENS.
What Covid-19 Restrictions are in place?
Owing to the current Covid-19 Restrictions, measures have been put in place for your safety and that of our staff. Please help us by observing the following:
• Please observe Social Distancing at all times.
• Please make all payments by card.
• Please purchase all fish food for your visit on arrival as it is not possible to return to the Visitor Centre once you have passed through it.
• Please follow the designated clockwise route around the Gardens at all times.
• Hand sanitiser points for customer use are positioned at the entrance to the Visitor Centre and near the toilets.
• Please follow any directions given by Gardens Staff engaged on marshalling, who can be identified by their fluorescent jackets.
• All of our staff have received personal PPE and have been briefed in relation to staff safety and social distancing prior to re-opening.
• All events and band concerts are cancelled for the summer.
Do I have to leave at the end of my booking slot?
We’re not asking people to leave at the end of their allotted slot, but are requesting that everyone takes a common-sense approach to ensure that those coming in on later slots are equally able to enjoy the Gardens comfortably and safely.
How do I purchase or renew a Gardens Membership?
If you have a query about either renewing or purchasing Membership, this can be done in one of the following ways:
1. Telephone 01759 307125 number between 2pm and 4.30pm Monday to Friday when Memberships can be purchased over the phone. Memberships can only be purchased during these hours.
2. Use the below link to a downloadable membership form. Either print this off, fill it in and send to the Gardens with a remittance cheque or fill in on-line and e-mail to email@example.com and you will be contacted to make payment over the phone.
3. If you are an existing member, please send the membership renewal form sent out to you in March along with a remittance cheque.
On all occasions, we will then contact you to let you know that your membership card is ready for collection when you make your first booked visit to us.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE GARDENS TO PURCHASE OR RENEW MEMBERSHIPS.
FOR SAFETY REASONS WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING WITH REDUCED NUMBERS OF STAFF IN OUR VISITOR CENTRE AND THEY WILL BE ENGAGED IN PROCESSING VISITORS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE DAY, AND WE WISH TO AVOID ANY DELAYS CAUSED TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOOKED TO COME INTO THE GARDENS.
In these unprecedented times, we apologise for any inconvenience but hope that you enjoy your visit to the Gardens and we very much look forward to seeing you.
Here is a short video which contains all the information you need to know: